Introduction to Membership
The Medical Society of the County of Erie is the organization of physicians of Erie County created to consider and act upon matters affecting the practice of medicine and the health of the public; cultivate and advance education in the art and practice of medicine; and maintain a high standard of integrity, honor and courtesy in the medical profession.
With dramatic changes in the practice of medicine and the health care delivery system, physicians need to speak out with a single, strong voice. Building from and using the strength of our membership, the Medical Society of the County of Erie can monitor and communicate the concerns of physicians as we work to shape the future of medicine in the United States.
On a more personal level, the Medical Society of the County of Erie provides substantial services, benefits, and opportunities for professional development to each individual physician. In addition, we use our programming to monitor and improve the image of Western New York physicians, positioning them as leaders in our local health care system.
WHAT THE MEDICAL SOCIETY OFFERS YOU…
- A unified voice locally and in Albany, as the Medical Society of the County of Erie represents the medical profession to legislators, government agencies, the media, business, and third party payers.
- Interaction with fellow physicians from Western New York and throughout New York State via local Society meetings and various State committee meetings.
- Vital publications containing issues–oriented, socio-economic, and scientific information pertinent to local, state and national matters — The BULLETIN, OFFICE CONNECT, LEGAL ALERTS and related updates as needed.
- Educational seminars and workshops pertinent to practice management, continuing medical education, and various issues as they arise.
- A free, countywide patient referral service.
- Insurance programs, including health, malpractice, life, disability and dental.