OPTUM IS LOOKING FOR A MEDICAL DIRECTOR, NATIONAL ACOUNTS UPSTATE NEW YORK
Interested candidates should reach out to the Recruiter, Jennifer Schaible, at [email protected]
Optum has announced an opportunity for a National Accounts Medical Director in upstate New York. As the team’s clinical leader, Medical Directors would be assigned to one of Optum’s National Accounts located in upstate New York and have an opportunity to:
- · Lead an integrated comprehensive clinical model
- · Provide leadership, training and coaching
- · Clinical opportunity identification, intervention and care plan development
- · Promotion of use of network providers, UnitedHealth Care Premium Providers, or other quality rated physicians,
- · Risk management and quality of care issues
- · Value Case Reviews with nursing staff, stimulates critical thinking, assists in identification of clinical gaps, and coach staff on communication with providers and on care plan development
- · Alert UHC Medical Directors to provider issues of compliance with UHC protocols, over utilization, quality of care issues, and lack of adherence to EBM guidelines
- · Interact with Regions, Markets, Customers, and other UHG Medical Directors, Sales, Account Management, Clinical Solutioning, Health Plan Medical Directors, Network Management, and OptumHealth partners to implement strategy implement products and programs, acquire and retain customers, and improve the quality and outcomes of the consumers navigating care delivered by the provider network and to improve relationships between the organizations
- · Attend Monthly Medical Expense Meetings by Region and assist with regionally based Affordability Initiatives with a focus on admission, readmission overall bed day management
There are no direct reports and there is no direct patient care in this role. You could have the opportunity to impact health care trend across the population with data driven information and tools to drive evidence based care. Join us. And start doing your life’s best work.(sm) We offer competitive benefits, compensation and incentives. UnitedHealth Group was recognized Forbes magazine as “2018 World’s Most Admired Company” in Healthcare Insurance.
Pay your membership dues by November 29th to be entered into a drawing for
4 Buffalo Bills v. NY Jets tickets. The game is on December 29th at 1:00 p.m.
Log in and click on Member Resources to view documents
for guidance regarding the Measles Outbreak
The centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports 940 measles cases this year, as of May 24, 2019 . Although 26 states reported measles outbreaks this year, the majority (75%) of measles cases have originated in New York State (NYS). Given the high numbers of measles cases in NYS and among international travelers both entering and returning into the USA, the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) is trying to prepare physician offices for a measles case, which could occur anytime.
Please refer to Member Resources to view the mentioned 4 documents.